More and more people are discovering the natural therapy of reflexology. It goes beyond the standard foot massage. The reflexology procedure involves applying the right amount of pressure to specific points of the feet. Believe it or not, it can also be done on one’s hands and ears.
Reflexology Cairns offers a natural, safe and simple treatment option for various health related concerns. People are directing their attention towards this therapy because there’s no need for drugs and it’s non-invasive. Just a session can bring you a deep sense of relaxation.
The Benefits Of Reflexology
<img class="alignnone wp-image-1499" src="http://adriennesmillie.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Adrienne-Smillie-reflexology-cairns2.jpg" alt="Reflexology Cairns" width="863" height="863" srcset="http://adriennesmillie.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Adrienne-Smillie-reflexology-cairns2.jpg 900w, http://adriennesmillie.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Adrienne-Smillie-reflexology-cairns2-150×150.jpg 150w, http://adriennesmillie.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Adrienne-Smillie-reflexology-cairns2-320×320.jpg 320w, http://adriennesmillie.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Adrienne-Smillie-reflexology-cairns2-50×50 vytorin price.jpg 50w, http://adriennesmillie.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Adrienne-Smillie-reflexology-cairns2-540×540.jpg 540w” sizes=”(max-width: 863px) 100vw, 863px” />
It is believed that reflex points of the feet, hands or ears correspond to certain bodily organs and systems. Stimulating and pressing these channels can have beneficial effects to an individual’s health in general. Here are some of the benefits of reflexology and why you should try it.
1. Reduced stress. To have your extremities rubbed will relieve any accumulated stress you have.When the body is in a relaxed state, it undergoes a faster healing process. This also leads to reduced anxiety, fear and anger, giving you an overall sense of calmness.
2. Improved circulation. By applying appropriate pressure, reflexology claims to improve blood flow. This means that more oxygen and nutrients are carried over to the cells of the body. Better circulation can unblock energy pathways of the circulatory system.
3. Detoxification. Improved blood flow leads to detoxification. Aside from breaking down deposits in the feet, the cells of the body can now easily remove the build-up of waste and harmful substances. It cleans out toxins not only in the physical aspect, but also emotional and mental.
4. Healthy organs. As said earlier, each reflex point corresponds to a specific organ. Increasing blood flow to poorly performing or overactive organs will boost immunity and restore balance. Any issue with your body systems can be alleviated once pressure is applied.
5. Minimised pain. One of the best alternatives for pain reduction without the use of medications, reflexology can soothe away your aches. From arthritis, migraine, neck and back pain – stimulating the nerve endings can interrupt the transmission of pain.
6. Enhanced energy. The same with other natural therapies such as acupuncture, reflexology can also increase a person’s energy levels. Symptoms of blocked energy pathways include feeling lethargic, disturbed sleeping pattern, and the like. Re-energise with a session of reflexology.
7. Helps pregnancy. Yes, the therapy can also help with the pregnancy process – either in prenatal or post partum stage. In some cases, reflexology can lessen the delivery time. It also prevents post partum side effects such as depression and anxiety.
8. Improves PMS. Pre-menstrual syndrome in women can be unbearable at times. It’s thanks to reflexology that symptoms like fatigue, insomnia, anxiety and more can be relieved without any risks. Women experiencing tension and cramps due to PMS can find relief in reflexology.
With the use of various relaxation techniques, reflexology is perfect for both the young and old. Not to mention it presents no side effects. After a session, you will surely experience a surge of relaxation and vitality, a more balanced well being, and a sense of longevity.